All emergency food needs that come to our churches are directed to one of the two local food shelves supported by our three parishes.
How can you help?
The Food Shelves can make dollars stretch buying at greatly reduced prices from Food Banks.
Make donations by checks made out to any of our three parishes and note in the memo line FOOD SHELF.
COMMUNION TO HOMEBOUND
Trained volunteers assist the clergy bringing Holy Communion to nursing homes, assisted living and to the homebound
- Do you know someone who cannot attend Mass and would like to receive Holy Communion on a weekly basis?
- Can you volunteer to be considered for this most important ministry?
Contact the parish office at 218-568-4760
PARISH NURSE MINISTRY
1. Bereavement Program - Anyone who has lost a relative will be enrolled in our program. The referrals are received by the parish nurses in the bulletin and the nurses send out sympathy cards, care notes and other information at one month, 3 months, 6 months and on the anniversary of the death. If you have any questions or wish to refer someone into the program, please call*.
2. Elizabeth Ministry (Rosebud Ministry) -This program is for any woman who is pregnant, suffering from infertility, miscarriage, abortion or adopting a baby. A prayer partner will be assigned and pray daily for a healthy baby and safe delivery or whatever the woman needs assistance with. Please call* for more information or to refer someone into the program.
3. Baptism Bags - This is a joint project with CCW and the Parish Nurses. A Baptism bag that is made by the women from CCW and filled with items such as prayer book, rosary and prayer card. These are distributed by the clergy after a baptism. Again please call* with any questions you many have.
4. Blood Pressure Checks - Blood pressures are taken during the winter schedule after mass or anytime upon request*. Our parish nurses are available as advocate, resource, or referral sources.
*Our parish nurse contacts are Connie Brown at 963-3804 (for St. Christopher's & Our Lady of Lourdes), Joy Nordby at 829-8553 (for St. Christopher's & Our Lady of Lourdes), and Denise Paine at 562-4406 (for St. Alice).
CHRISTMAS GIVING PROGRAMS
Each year during the Advent Season our parish looks to reach out and help those in need. At St. Christopher's we have the "Christmas Angel Gifts" which are for the elderly of our area who are frail, vulnerable or perhaps forgotten by society. At Our Lady of Lourdes we have the Amarillo House Giving Tree which serves to bring Christmas cheer to the residents of Amarillo House in Pine River. Amarillo House is a residence for those who are mentally impaired and are lacking financial resources.